Wednesday, April 24, 2013

God Gave Me You

I asked for strength...And god gave me difficulties to make me strong. I asked for wisdom...And god gave me problems to solve. I asked for prosperity...And god gave me a brain and energy to work. I asked for courage...And god gave me danger to overcome. I asked for love...And god gave me troubled people to help. I asked for favors...And god gave me opportunities. I received nothing I wanted, but I received everything I needed. -Unknown-

“I asked God for strength that I might achieve. I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey. I asked for health that I might do greater things. I was given infirmity that I might do better things. I asked for riches that I might be happy. I was given poverty that I might be wise. I asked for power that I might have the praise of men. I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God. I asked for all things that I might enjoy life. I was given life that I might enjoy all things. I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hoped for. Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered. I am, among all men, most richly blessed.”

I think god gave me a talent to use for the positive and to do an horror movie would be, like, overstepping my bounds. If I was to do a horror film, I wouldn't want to be paid. It would be like a vacation, because you don't really have to use your acting skills. -Elijah Wood-

“When God gave you to me he never said that you were mine, that I could keep you always--only borrowed for a time. Now, He's called you home, I'm sad and I shed tears. Yet, I'm glad He loaned you to me and we had these many years.”

“I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much.”

I asked for light, God gave me the sun, I asked for water, God gave me rain, I asked for happiness, and God gave me you. - Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment